This is a darling paper craft that is perfect for older kids. Your kiddo will make someone’s day by packaging a special little gift in one of these lovely printable spring paper baskets. There are many spring holidays nearing: Easter, May Day, Mother’s Day, birthdays…these paper baskets make the perfect packaging for any occasion where you’re giving a small thoughtful gift.
Printable Spring Paper Baskets
If you like this fun paper craft, you might also like this Printable Easter Parasol Basket.
First, let’s gather the materials you’ll need:
- Printer paper
- Markers or crayons (We recommend using bright colors.)
- Craft Glue
- Goodies to fill your basket
Spring Flower Basket
- Print your spring basket template and color the basket and handle. (We recommend coloring both sides of your basket and handle in very bright colors.)
- Cut out the outer edge of the flower and along the dashed lines. Cut out the handle also.
- Fold the template along the dotted lines to make the bottom/base of your basket.
- Paste the tips of the petals together.
- Paste the handle to the inside of your basket. Let it dry and you’re ready to fill it with fun goodies!
Woven Heart Basket
- Print two of the basket patterns below.
- Color and cut them out with one of the handles. We recommend coloring each pattern a different coordinating color to compliment the cross-hatch effect of your woven heart.
- Fold on the dashed lines and cut the center slit.
- Fold both patterns along the center dash lines. (For instruction purposes, we’ll refer to our example colors of yellow and pink.)
- Hold the pink strip together.
- Slip it through the yellow strip.
- Then open the yellow strip and slip the second pink through the yellow.
- Then reverse the method for the second yellow strip.
- Glue your handle in place and voila! You have a lovely heart shaped woven basket.
Sun Burst Spring Basket
- Print your sun burst spring basket template and color the basket and handle.
- Cut out the outer edge of your sunburst and the handle.
- Make a fold along the dotted lines. This will be the inside edge where you will glue together your cone.
- Roll the paper into a cone shape.
- Secure your cone by gluing the folded edge and pressing it together to seal your cone shape.
- Paste the handle to the inside of your basket. Once the glue has dried, your lovely sunburst cone is ready to be filled!
May Day Basket
- Print your May Day basket template and color the basket, flower petals and stems. (Again, we recommend coloring both sides of your basket prior to cutting it out.)
- Cut out the template along the solid line. Be sure to cut out the center of the handles and the slit between the diagonal fold lines. Cut out the flowers also.
- Fold the basket on the dotted lines.
- After creasing the sides and folding them into the basket, glue the creases together.
- Paste your flowers and stems to the outside of your basket.
- Accessorize your basket with a ribbon and it’s ready to be filled!
Also be sure to check out our spring adult coloring pages!